Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
At WVU, we value our diverse workforce and are proud of our inclusive community of faculty, staff and students. The Talent Strategy unit manages the Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action responsibilities related to employment equity. This oversight includes compliance with regard to search, recruitment and hiring practices, coordination and administration of WVU’s affirmative action plan, and development and implementation of outreach strategies.
We strive daily to foster an environment where all are able to pursue their goals and aspirations. As part of this continuing commitment, WVU places a strong emphasis on ensuring equitable employment strategies and increasing awareness of employment opportunities among the University, local and regional communities. Specific outreach initiatives include the following:
- Career Consultation
- General Interviews
- Specialized Hiring Events
- Community Engagement
- Dedicated Mentorships
Find information about our upcoming community outreach events and opportunities.
- Apr36:00 PM - 11:55 PMCancelled - Mon County + WVU Aloha! Relei for Life
- Apr89:00 AM - 11:00 AMCancelled - Retirement Roadmap
- Apr10 All Day Spring Holiday
- May25 All Day Memorial Day
- Jun1 All Day 2020-2021 Student Health Insurance Waiver Available June 1st!
- Jun9 All Day Primary Election Day
Equal Opportunity Resources
Find additional information and resources about EOAA.
get in touch
Contact our office any time with questions or concerns.
Elizabeth Slavensky, Interim Manager of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action