Diversity Symposium 2018
ATTEND THE 2018
Join us for a day of learning on the benefits of creating and sustaining a diverse workforce and inclusive culture.
1 Alumni Drive
Morgantown, WV 26505
Note: A discount is available for multiple attendees from the same company or organization. A discount code will be provided for additional registrants after first registration is completed.
The region from Charleston, West Virginia, to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is home to a cultural mosaic of talent, experience, abilities and educational levels. Regional employers recognize that diversity and inclusiveness drive innovation and productivity. A diverse workforce also is a major factor in remaining competitive in the global economy.
As West Virginia’s land-grant institution, West Virginia University historically has taken the lead in developing programs and services to support the region and its communities. And in support of these efforts, the WVU Talent Strategy team is proud to host the 2018 Diversity Symposium – Building Tomorrow’s Workforce Mosaic.
The event will provide regional employers with information, tools and resources to help senior managers and talent management staff confidently move in a positive direction with their diversity initiatives.
- The business case for a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Understanding unconscious bias in the workplace
- How to survive an Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs audit
- How salary history questions can perpetuate the gender wage gap
- The #MeToo movement – what it means for employers
- Disability etiquette in the hiring process
- Transitioning veterans into the workforce
- LGBTQ+ and gender issues at work and during the hiring process
- A special panel discussion to address comprehensive diversity topics
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, at
EqualOpportunity@mail.wvu.edu or 304-293-6573.
Learn about sponsorship opportunities for your organization.